Monday, June 9, 2008

In all the buzz to make robots that can think and function like humans, I think we first need to work out a few bugs with every day electronic devices.

Take my phone for example. It hasn't been charged in a while, so its dying. No, if it were a person (assume this person is quickly bleeding out), it would say "Help, I'm dying!" once, and then go on with its life. Or death.

But my phone, a piece of technological equipment that allows me to talk to people across the country (instantly), text people, buy ring tones from online... (and this is just an average Samsung flip phone. Think of all the things an iPhone can do), my phone is an idiot. Instead of being a good person and just announcing once its imminent doom, it keeps lighting up(the screen. not a cigarette.) and giving a little duh da ling! to let me know its dying.

Just how many people do you see sit up (while they are dying, remember), give a little whistle and say "I'm dying!". Then repeat the process once every minute, whilst blood is gushing out their femoral artery.

Not very many.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way to find out about happiness is to keep your mind on those moments when you feel most happy, when you are really happy — not excited, not just thrilled, but deeply happy. This requires a little bit of self-analysis. What is it that makes you happy? Stay with it, no matter what people tell you. This is what is called following your bliss.” ~ Joseph Campbell

Recently I have been thinking about my life and future. Where do I want to go, what do I want to do, what is important to me now and what has taken the backseat.

It's somewhat of a scary thing to realize that what you thought was absolute fact in your life, is not. What you thought you would give your life to, you are no longer willing to take that jump. Like you took all the fan fare, lights and paraphernalia away and are now looking at the bare fact.

I don't know if that is why I haven't been blogging recently, but it definitely has something to do with it. Its hard to write about what you see and believe in life when your vision and beliefs are being considered at a new angle.

But one the bright side, Dad is doing great, my summer job is going swimmingly and my Mom still makes kill scrambled eggs.

:-)

Go check out my cousins blog here!

No comments: