Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Dark Knight

Amazing. Amazing and beautiful and not quite as terrifying as I thought it would be. I was really expecting absolute terror. Suspense, absolutely. Terror, occasionally.

We ordered tickets on Fandango, which was a good thing. There was a line about 30 people long inside the theatre, but we just walked right in (and then to the concession stand, where my friend got Muddy Bears - chocolate covered gummy bears. Ewwww). Sat through the commercials. The person reeling the commercials must have been sleeping through that bit because we got a commercial for, guess what? The Dark Knight.

Overall, the movie was very very good. It was pretty long, and about 2/3 through it seemed to stop then start again. I still loved it.

There was quite a bit of violence, and lots of pretty explosions. The violence was pretty crucial to the movie, but I bet they could have cut some out. Maybe not a lot, but some. The explosions were awesome though.

One of the saddest parts was when *********very very minor spoiler warning***************




he crashed his Lamborghini. There was a bit of angst (which I naysayed with perverse vigor) but it really worked in this.

Ah, the Joker. Psychotic and brilliant. I've never seen Nickelson's (I spelled that wrong. I know it), but I don't see how he could be any better then Ledger. Every little mannerism was so well executed, every word delivered with unbalanced fervor. What makes him so disturbing is the unpredictability in which he goes about. You think he is going to do one thing, but he does the opposite. He makes blinking freaky.

Watch out for the pencil trick. Thats just wrong.

I would definitely recommend it and I am going to see it again. And buy the DVD.

1 comment:

Make the most of yourself said...

Ria! I saw The Dark Knight three nights in a row and i love love love it. it totally made my day quite a few times. I have batman boxers that i am just beginning to notice again.
see you soon! Jessie