"But wait Alice," ye gentle readers might be saying, poor little souls tangled in webs of confusion, "we already knew you danced, so why do we need to be told again?". And my lusty retort to that little nugget of wisdom would be, "Because this is my blog, and I can say what ever I dern well want!".
I also take a deep, sadistic pleasure in sharing the trivial details of my life with all (cough-4-cough) of you.
I shall now digress. Maybe. I seem to be on a roll right now, creative brain cells firing on all cylinders, cranking out the goods.
Ok, now I will digress.
I am not a ballerina. Unless you took the 3 months of once a week lessons as qualification for the prima ballerina position.
I am not a jazz dancer. Lessons were taken at a young age, and then for a short time recently, but my asinine (right) knee decided pain was the way to go.
Tap is not up my alley. Used to be, but no longer.
Nay, my good people, I do not break dance, contemporary, lyrical, "pop", hip hop or square dance.
I ballroom dance.
Pretty good too, I am told. Although, it usually has to be stated that I ballroom and Latin dance, since the average citizen does not understand ballroom covers the whole lot of them. A list of the dances I participate in shall now be bestowed upon the readers of this blog, so is to better their understanding of the activity that has consumed, enlightened and brought joy to my life for the past 2 years.
- International Standard Waltz, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Tango, Viennese Waltz
- International Latin Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba, Paso Doble, Jive
- American Smooth Waltz, Foxtrot and Tango
- American Rhythm Cha Cha, Swing, Mambo/Salsa, Rumba, Bolero
- West Coast Swing (the most recent addition, which technically is not a ballroom or Latin dance, but West Coast Swingers tend to to ballroom or Latin and vice versa. So it makes the list because of that and cause it is just plain awesome)
And there you have it, my dancing laid to bare in the presence of you readers scrutiny and subject to your judgment. I hope you have enjoyed this lecture, and come back real soon, ya hear?
To end this post on a comical note, you can Viennese Waltz to Led Zeppelins "Dazed and Confused". How weird is that?
asinine= extremely stupid or foolish
insinuated=imply, suggest, hint
lusty=healthy, robust, powerful
sadistic=brutal, callous, heartless