Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What's on Alices iPod?

I obviously can't give you everything thats on my iPod, since I have 5547 songs stored on it. I can't even give you my Favorites playlist, because it is 389 songs. Which is a whole lot to write down. So, I will give you the top songs on my iTunes. Ready?

  • Imagine, sung by Eva Cassidy. I prefer this version to the Lennon version. Lennon's voice is a little to whiny/nasally for me. Also, Bryan Watson and Carmen once did a Rumba to Cassidy's version, which was amazing and beautiful.
  • I Will Follow You Into the Dark, by Death Cab for Cutie. Very romantic, and sometimes makes me cry. *sniff* So good. Love the lyrics.
  • How Sweet It Is, by Michael Buble (pronounced boo-blay). Another great dance song, this time a swing. It has a great jazzy beat and good vocals.
  • After the Goldrush, by Neil Young. I can't really explain why I love this song so much, but it really appeals to me.
  • T.N.T, by AC/DC. I like the OI! part at the beginning.
  • Romeo and Juliet, by the Indigo Girls. Absolutely and completely blows Dire Straits version out of the water. No question.
  • Fur Elise, written by Beethoven. Reminds me of the waltz, the way it goes and goes then pulls up, then falls down into the next notes. Which may or may not make any sense at all.
  • Someday You Will Be Loved, by Death Cab for Cutie. Another great song from their Plans album, except in this song he leaves her instead of staying. Still very good.
  • Temptation, by Diana Krall. Love her voice, love the song. A very good slow Rumba.
  • Princes of the Universe, by Queen. It's Queen. Nobody needs to say anything else about anything, just fall forward in admiration of the musical glory that is Queen.
And there you have it gentle people, the Top 10 songs on Alices iTunes/iPod. Tomorrow I will have something a little more exciting to report, since I will throw my 2 metaphorical cents in about this seasons Dancing with the Stars.

P.S. #11 is El Tango de Roxanne, the Moulin Rougue movie version. The guy in the beginning has the coolest voice ever.

No comments: