Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dancing with the Stars!!!

Before I begin my analysis of this season, I must first say that I absolutely love the show. Without question. Well, enough of that, lets move on to nit picking.

Priscilla Presley and Louis Van Amstel. She really surprised me the first week. I thought that she would be one of the couples where you kinda say "Well, they aren't very good, but the are _____". But she was actually very graceful and looks very good on the floor. The thing that irks me about her is she does a funny thing with her head and neck; she pushes them forward a little bit to much for me. Other than that, I really enjoy watching her. Not one of the best, but doesn't make me cringe.

Adam Carrola and Julianne Hough. He makes me cringe. Not only is he awkward on the floor, he has a bad attitude. If you are really bad, but have a great attitude (anybody remember Jerry Springer? And more recently, Steve Gutenberg?), then you are forgiven. You love it, and we can see that. The only thing I see in Adam is the need of a serious Ego-Trimer 2000. I love her though.

Cristian De La Fuenta and Cheryl Burke. I like him more and more. Week One, when he did the cha cha, I had doubts because he had a serious shoulder problem, but he remarkably fixed that, and has been very good. I don't know that I would put him in the contender for the mirror ball class, but probably semi-final.


Shannon Elizabeth and Derek Hough. First week, didn't like her at all. Second week I was blown away by her quickstep. She had some very good moments, and continued to impress me with her jive. Needs to finish her lines a little better, but still very good.

Mario and Karina Smirnoff. Eh. I only like him okay, not nearly as much as I like Jason. He does have his merits (very dedicated, obviously loves it), but when he does the smooth/standard dances (quickstep, tango...) he does something funny with his arms.

Marlee Matlin and Fabian Sanchez. This woman is amazing. She has better timing and rhythm then most of the contestants on the show that can hear. Also, she gets along very well with her partner. I really enjoy watching her dance.

Jason Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska. I love him. For a football player, he has amazing posture. He started out better than I think Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice ever got to be, even though they both made it to the finals (Emmitt won, and Jerry got third). Love love love him. Also, he isn't that hard to look at. Not that I noticed.

Marissa Jaret-Winokur and Tony Dovolani. She must sleep great. As bouncy and energetic as she is, when shes out she must be out. I love her attitude, and I love her enthusiasm, although it does sometimes mess with her ability to remember steps. Which is kinda bad. But still love her, especially with Tony. If she was with Max (who sadly isn't in this season), he would kill her; Tony just goes with the flow, which is a tribute to his ability to teach.

Kristi Yamaguchi and Mark Ballas. They are without a doubt my favorite couple. Utterly and completely. And not just because Mark Ballas is the hottest thing since ovens (ok, that was wimpy, but I was busy thinking about them, and it messes with my thought process). That girl can dance!! I have loved everyone of her dances (her mambo was amazing. YouTube it), and I think she should be this years winner. No question.

Well, there ya go. My thoughts on this years Dancing contestants.

Thats all the news that is news! Until later, Alice

No comments: